photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Sunday 5 January 2014

Where Are You Applying Your Blush?


Now, I know this post might come as a shock or might even be slightly controversial, but it has to be said. It would seem that 99% of women have been told that the correct place to place your blush is on the apple of the cheeks. Even some skilled makeup artists continue to preach this method. Well, I'm here to tell you that the apple of the cheeks is in fact not the best place to apply your blusher. It's not completely wrong if you do, but it's definitely not preferred.

The best place to put your blush is actually along the cheekbone, so around the area where you would place your highlighter or bronzer. Now before you close this tab because you think this is all utter nonsense, think about it.

Placing makeup products on the cheekbone gives the face a more lifted look, whereas placing anything on the apple of your cheeks makes your face look a whole lot rounder. And I think it's safe to say that most people wish to make their face look thinner, not rounder. When it comes down to it, blusher on the cheekbone just looks a whole lot more flattering. Try it out! You might be surprised at how much you like the results :).

For further details and demonstrations check out these clips by the famous Wayne Goss:



1 comments:

  1. I very rarely apply blush on the apples of my cheeks. Always along my cheekbone but sometimes I start further into the middle but not quite on the apples if that makes sense?
    Great post though, you're very right in the fact that so many people still apply it there!
    Are they Wayne Goss' videos? I've not clicked, being lazy.

    www.beekle.blogspot.co.uk - I'm a new follower, would love for you to check my blog out at some point?

    ReplyDelete