photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Sunday 19 January 2014

Review: Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation


I have to admit, I've been a bit of a foundation-whore lately. I just can't stop. All of a sudden, I've just had the need to try them all, thinking that surely the next one will be 'the one'. I'm happy to announce, that the Healthy Mix by Bourjois really does deserve all the hype it receives. But is it 'the one'? No, but it's pretty close.

Let me just quickly sum up for the formula for all of you: it's a gel foundation (though feels just like a liquid foundation IMO), light coverage - though buildable to medium, and has a dewy, fresh finish. It feels incredibly light on the skin and like all french products, it smells amazing.

But why do I personally like it so much? Well, it looks like skin. And to be honest, I've never been able to say that about any foundation I've tried. And the finish is just perfect, it's still dewy-ish but not too dewy *cough* Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation *cough*, where I just end up looking like a disco-ball and need loads of powder. Any foundation that doesn't force me to use a powder is already very attractive to me.

And best of all, it doesn't make me extremely oily. The fact that a dewy moisturizing foundation doesn't make my oily skin into a greasy surface is just incredible. Therefore, I officially declare it to be suited for all skin types. However, I will say this: it doesn't have a great staying power for us oily girls (well... you can't have everything). But a setting spray or primer will fix that with no problem .

Now, I bet you're all wondering: is there something that I don't like about it? Sadly, yes. It's slightly too light coverage for me, meaning I need A LOT of pumps to achieve the medium coverage I desire, which is a bit of a waste of product. It's definitely not one of those foundations where "a little goes a long way". The Healthy Mix also transfers like it's nobody's business. Yikes.

So that is why I am totally in love with the Healthy Mix Foundation, but can't declare it to be my soul mate. Oh well, I shall find my true love one day.

What are your thoughts on the Healthy Mix Foundation? Has Bourjois stolen your heart as well? :) 
14 / available here at ASOS

0 comments:

Post a Comment