photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Sunday 29 December 2013

Review: Astor - Soft Sensation Lip Color Butter


Happy holidays! Hope everyone had a lovely christmas and that you're all looking forward to the new year :). I thought I'd do a quick little review on the "Astor Soft Sensation Lip Color Butter" for you all. They were a bit raved about here in Europe and I was curious to give them a go. Conclusion? I'm not a huge fan. But they are really good...

I know that's a confusing statement to make, but hear me out. They're essentially lip crayons, or lipsticks in crayon format. The formulas for each one are not identical. I know, weird.

The first one I bought was this hot-pink shade called Feeling Feline (#011). This one has a great formula, it's really pigmented and doesn't dry out your lips. The staying power is also incredible, it stays on your lips all day long without budging. However, the colour really doesn't suit me. So great product, but not for me.

But then I saw another shade, specifically a nude one. This one is called Caramel Envy (#003) and it swatches beautifully. However, the formula for this one reminds of the Revlon Lip Butters: very creamy and not incredibly pigmented, and it has glitter bits in it like "Peach Parfait" from the Revlon Lip Butters range. And again, the colour did not look good on my lips. And none of their other shades interested me.

The packaging is really nice though. I love that they made the lip crayons slanted on the top like a lipstick would be. It's just much more convenient than the typical round surface you get with lip crayons. The only downside with the packaging is that the text rubs off very easily (again, hardly anything to complain about).

So needless to say, they are really nice products. Sadly though, none of the shades suit me. However, I definitely suggest you give em a swatch if you see them because they are quite lovely :). I can't wait to try out more products from Astor

1 comments:

  1. I Love the fact that your reviews are always so honest!

    ReplyDelete