photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Thursday 3 October 2013

Review: GlamGlow - SuperMud


Hey everyone! I thought I'd do another review today on a very well known product: the Glamglow Supermud. A very expensive mask ($65) that everyone loves to use, even celebrities...

I'm going to start off this review by being very frank: I've suffered from terrible blackheads since I can remember, and sadly you cannot change the size of your pores since they are determined by genetics (thanks mom and dad). Mine are actually big enough to pass for freckles, no joke. I've tried everything to try and reduce them - from nose strips (ouch!), to facial extracts (double ouch!). Needless to say, I was getting slightly frustrated with my nose. So when I heard about this mask, I thought it would be the cure to all my frustrations. Sadly, I was very disappointed.

All this mask did was dry up my nose and kept my blackheads looking the exact same. Essentially the mask works by sucking up all the oil from your skin, but not any actual blackheads. I also tried it out as a spot treatment, but that also did nothing for me. There were a few occasions where my blackheads looked a tiny bit lighter than before, but those moments were not often. It's also quite hard to apply properly: you need to apply a thin layer, but not too thin and not too thick.

However, when my boyfriend tried it out (curiosity got the best of him), it actually worked quite well! I don't know if you need to have a certain size of pores for it to work, but it's definitely not a product that'll work for everyone. And it just diminished the appearance of the pores for him, it didn't actually remove any blackheads. If are you thinking about it buying it, I would definitely recommend first trying out a sample to see if it really works for you. It would also be more suited for those with very oily skin, not normal or dry.

Here are some pictures of the mask working. I was slightly embarrassed at the idea of posting them, but I figured it would probably be the most helpful for those who want an idea of how it works:

Before:
During:
After:

I hope this review has been helpful! Let me know in the comments what you do to treat your blackheads :). My current favourite method is using the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm.

1 comments:

  1. Looks like a great product! Unsure because of the price though! :)

    http://charllietime.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete