photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Review: Emma Hardie - Moringa Cleansing Balm


I have been waiting ages to post a review up on this oh-so hyped up cleansing balm! But as a proper beauty blogger, I wanted to give it a proper 2 month trial phase before giving a conclusive verdict. I had been wanting to get for ages, but only caved when my Clarins Cleansing Milk was empty and the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm had gone on sale on FeelUnique. After all, who can say no to a discount??

After several weeks of using this cleanser, I can officially declare it to be my holy grail cleanser. I know, big statement to make, but it's true! It is the ultimate cleanser because it acts as a cleanser AND as a moisturizer. It's just the perfect thing to use when you want clean and balance out your skin.

Yes, it is quite expensive ($56 full price on FeelUnique), but I do think it's worth every penny. I always look forward to using at night when I want to relax and pamper my skin. Every other cleanser on the market will strip your skin of moisture, whereas this one somehow cleans it and injects moisture back into the skin. This has really helped me with some dry patches I couldn't get rid of before, while also helping my face stay clear of spots. And the best part is that it's for all skin types (yes, even for us oily gals). I was very worried about using this on my nose in particular because the balm essentially becomes an oil when it touches your skin, but oddly enough it actually cleaned out my black heads rather than making them darker.

Also, I do have four tips regarding application for this balm:
1) If you want to avoid using it up quickly, make sure your face is damp before applying. You end up using less with this technique. 
2) If you want to get more moisture out of the balm, use it only a dry face. You will end up using up more product, but with this technique you get more benefits for your skin.
3) Leave the cleanser on for 10 minutes if possible, this way it also acts like a moisturizing mask. 
4) Wipe it off with a slightly damp towel or muslin cloth, and make sure to leave a little bit of residue so that you can just pat the remaining bit into the skin. 

What else can I say about this cleansing balm? It's amazing and it also smells amazing. Highly recommend it!  

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading a lot of wonderful reviews about Moringa skin products. Moringa does have innumerable health benefits. It has anti-bacterial, antioxidant, and detoxifying properties, which removes impurities for clearer and mositurized skin. MoringaDelight.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many good things about this product - although I have quite sensitive skin so I think I will pass x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have sensitive skin and I had zero reaction to it :).

      Delete