photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Thursday 31 January 2013

Live Clean: Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo Review

Hi everyone! I thought I'd take a quick break from studying and give myself a lovely facial (currently looking like a mint green monster with my face mask) and write up a small review on the latest thing I've been loving :).


I've been needing a clarifying shampoo for quite some time now and decided to give Live Clean's Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo a try. I wasn't too impressed with their Argan Oil but had heard good things of this shampoo. I was a bit worried it would smell bad (let's face it, the scent of Apple Cider isn't the most friendly to all noses) but to my surprise it didn't! It smells like apples and pears and is very pleasant without being too strong. 


So the real question comes down to whether or not it does in fact clarify your scalp. The answer is: YES! My hair felt sooo much lighter than it had before using the shampoo. Any traces of buildup was definitely gone. Another perk was that hair styling products (such as a volumizing spray) worked ten times better after as well!


Overall, it's a great product! It's: affordable (around $7.50), eco friendly (98% plant derived, pure vegan, SLS/sulfate free, paraben free), smells nice, and removes buildup. 

The only down side to it is that it's rather drying, so be sure to use a good conditioner afterwards. I also recommend only using it once a week or every two weeks. 

Well, I'd better get back to my books now. I wish everyone a lovely friday and a fun weekend! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Great review Alisa... would love to give it a try after reading your review :) Argan oil health benefits

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this clarifying shampo, but I would definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete