photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Wednesday 2 January 2013

First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Concentrate

Happy New Years everyone! I am officially starting off 2013 with a glowing review on First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Concentrate. I've been wanting to review this product for ages now since it's been a life saver for me during this winter.

I was having a problem with a really bad dry patch of skin, specifically my nose and cheeks. No matter how much moisturizer I used, my skin remained dry and just continued to flake. I tried several different creams, but nothing actually made a difference.


Then I found this. I was a bit skeptical about using it, mainly because I thought it was so heavy that it would block my pores. I dabbed some on before bed and amazingly enough, when I woke up my skin was back to normal! Completely repaired: smooth and soft. No flaking skin. And my pores were just the same.

Another brilliant thing was that my face wasn't oily! The texture of the balm is a bit oily but when it's completely absorbed by your skin, no oil remains. I also found that when I use this, my skin tends to produce less oil during the day, most likely because the balm is so hydrating that my body doesn't feel the need to produce excess oil to keep my face moisturized.


I use it about a couple times a week. I wouldn't suggest using it in the morning mainly because it does leave your skin looking a bit oily/really dewy before it gets fully absorbed.

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who suffers from dry patches or just general dry skin. It really is an amazing product. It is a bit pricy (around $30 at Sephora) but it will last you ages. A little goes a long way with this product. I've used it for about a month and I still have plenty left.


I hope everyone had a lovely New Years Eve and I wish you all the best for 2013! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment