photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Sunday 18 November 2012

Mini Top Shop Haul

The very first Top Shop opened recently in Vancouver, and of course, I had to check it out as soon as possible. I've been missing the UK so much lately and to see one of their stores come over here was very pleasant :). Now if only Sainsbury's and Pret À Manger would follow suit ;).


Though I initially went to check out their clothes, the ridiculously high prices scared me away and I ended up in the makeup section instead ^^. I've heard many good things about Top Shop's makeup, especially the lipsticks, but I ended up picking out a highlighter (been looking for one for ages!) and a bronzer & blush compact. 



The packaging is really nice, no complaints there. The compact is very sturdy (unlike the Cover Girl ones which always break on me). 


The highlighter is my absolute favorite purchase of the month. It gives the perfect glow to the top of your cheeks and looks very natural. Extremely easy to apply and blend, and lasts all day long! The shade is called Prism


The bronzer and blush ended up being a big disappointment. For some reason when I swatch the colours, they look very nice, but when I actually apply them to my face it just doesn't work for me. Not complimenting at all. The bronzer ends up looking too orange and the blush too harsh. And on top of that, they last only a few hours :(. Maybe that's why it's in a compact form, since touch-ups are clearly needed. The shades are called Burning Embers

Overall though, I am happy with my experience at Top Shop. The service was good and there are lots of products to choose from. Hopefully, I'll be more lucky with my next purchase :). 

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait to be able to shop for Topshop prodcts! Theyre not available here in the Philippines. :(

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topshop products look great and tend to have great reviews :) Sadly they are slightly outta my budget :)

    great post
    x lOVE M
    Shesaidfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete